In memory of a beloved TBS member, Diane Kaplan, the TBS Social Action committee is supporting the Connecticut Food Bank/Foodshare 5K Race Against Hunger walk, April 5-April 11, 2021.
Diane was an ardent supporter of the Connecticut Food Bank Race and in her memory the TBS Social Action Committee has made an initial donation of $200 to get TBS started.
The Social Action Committee has set a goal for 2021 of $1800. Please support this important cause as poverty and the pandemic continues to impact the less fortunate of our community.
How to join the Race Against Hunger
1. Start with this link. https://jbsports.com/race-against-hunger
2. Register and participate in the 5K Race/walk ($20) or simply make a donation or both.
3. In any case, please scroll down and select Temple Beth Sholom as your team.
4. The 5K (or longer) Race Against Hunger takes place between, April 5 – 11th at the time and place of your choosing. Due to Covid there is no official gathering for the walk.
5. The average number of steps for a 5K is 6250. If you track your steps, please send your total to Gary Drucker, firstname.lastname@example.org, the TBS Social Action committee will post the three top and overall total steps in the TBS bulletin. There are some very dedicated walkers in TBS.
TBS Social Action Committee