What is Sisterhood?
We encourage you to join Sisterhood and be part of a dynamic, vital part of our synagogue. Come socialize with warm and caring women! Somewhere among our activities is a place just right for you! Do something nice for yourself...JOIN TODAY!
We are a group of dedicated women members who provide essential services for the synagogue including:
- Educational and interesting programs throughout the year
- Community service through our mitzvah commitee
- Bima flowers for high holidays
- Holiday treats for Simchat Torah and Purim
- All Judaica merchandise and more available for purchase at our Judaica shop
- Annual dinner for Sisterhood members
All year round under the leadership of Barbara Stein, we stretch our arms out to the community by visiting the residents of the Arden House twice a month, and more often during the Jewish Holidays.
Through our fund-raising during the year, we help support..
- Synagogue General Fund
- Hebrew School
- United Synagogue Youth (USY)
- College Liaison Fund
- Torah Fund (Jewish Theological Seminar)
Torah Fund cards are available for various occassions including Bar/Bat Mitzvah, New Baby, Mazel Tov, Sympathy, etc. The money raised goes to the Jewish Theological Seminary.