We have taken on Columbus House as a new partner!
Please continue to make donations to the Diane Kaplan Social Action Committee!!
Your financial donations allows us to support all our partners throughout the year, with gift cards and items they request.
- Columbus House: We are collaborating wit the First Presbyterian Church in New Haven to provide a meal for their clients. We purchase enough to feed 100+ clients one time in a month. We plan to do this quarterly. For further information contact Marjorie Drucker firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Reach (Formerly New Haven Home Recovery): We are asking you to support the needs of this group by making Financial donations to the Diane Kaplan Fund so we may purchase the items they need. They will now accept NEW large sized toiletries, NEW clothing for all ages, diapers ANY size, and household goods. NO used linens. Call Fran Parness to arrange a pick up at 203-430-7362.
- IRIS: Integrated Refugee & Immigrant Services (IRIS) is a non-profit agency whose mission is to help refugees and other displaced people establish new lives. Currently they need clothing for ALL ages. All outerwear is needed such as boots, gloves and coats. They also need NEW twin sheets, blankets and comforters. We are asking you to support the needs of this group by making Financial Donations to the Diane Kaplan Fund so we may purchase the items they need. If you purchase these items, pick up can be arranged. Call Fran Parness at 203-430-7362.
- North Branford Food Pantry: They have requested small toiletries and paper goods (such as toilet tissue and paper towels) which will be delivered. For more information, call Fran Parness at 203-430-7362.
- Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen: You can volunteer on the second Thursday of each month. We began in August and outdoor, safe protocols are in place. Contact Gary Drucker at email@example.com if you would like to volunteer.
- Knitting Project: Thank you to all our knitters for their dedication and time! If you would like to be a knitter, Contact Helene Meltzer at 203-281-0709
- L.Keefe Center: School supplies are an ongoing need for students throughout the school year. This includes backpacks and general supplies. Please make a monetary donation, and we will purchase supplies going forward. For further information, contact Hedy Weiner at 203-215-0473.
- Partnerships Adult Day Center: We are supporting the center with gift cards to Shop Rite, to help provide items needed at the center for lunch and other activities for clients. They also can use games and activities for their clients. For further information contact Marjorie Drucker firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fresh Fruit Program: The fresh fruit delivery program is back in action. Martha’s Place and Life Haven are just as concerned about everyone’s health and safety as we are, so deliveries can be “touch less”. Contact Deborah Wilkenfeld Wilkenfeld_deborah@yahoo.com.
- Collecting Pop Tabs for Ronald Mc Donald House: Please collect your tabs and bring to TBS. Once we have a good amount they will be donated for this worthwhile cause. Our last donation of September was acknowledged and greatly appreciated! For more info, contact Gerry Ganezer at 860-620-0907 or email@example.com
- Tower One/Tower East: Volunteering has resumed. Please call to see how you can be of help. Call Eta Kaplan at 203-281-3349.
- Sleeping Giant Build Habitat For Humanity: We will resume our seedling project in the spring. For further information contact Debby Pines firstname.lastname@example.org
Our committee thanks you for your continued support,
Marjorie Drucker, Co-Chairperson: Contact at Mdrocks2@gmail.com or 203-248-1046;
Debby Pines, Co-Chairperson: Contact at Debby@snet.net or 203-389-2224