August 2020 Programs
Social Action Committee Programs
With this unprecedented physical separation from TBS, we are not able to continue our collections as we normally do. There are so many ways to help, however, so lets all do our best to help in the ways that we can. Some suggestions:
- Call someone to see how they are doing today
- Make a cotton face mask
- Make a financial donation to the many agencies that are helping medical personnel get the supplies they need.
- Make a financial donation to agencies collecting food and then disseminating to those in need ( DESK website has many ideas https//:www.deskct.org).
Ongoing Programs: We will resume all programs as soon as possible. Some programs can be done at home.
- Food Donation Drive: Every Tuesday 1:00pm - 3:00pm, there is a drive by collection at the North Branford Food Pantry. For more information contact Fran (203)420-7362.
- Knitting Project: Volunteer knitters are always needed! Contact Helene at 203-281-0709
- L.Keefe Center:As you spring clean, please put aside usable household items for a later date.
- Fresh Fruit Program: This program is on hold at the present time.
- New Reach (Formerly New Haven Home Recovery): As you spring clean, please put aside usable household items for a later date.
- Tower One/Tower East: Some volunteers have been making daily wellness phone calls to residents.
- Toiletry Collection for Homeless: Save your toiletry samples to bring to TBS at a later date.
- Downtown Evening Soup Kitchen: See DESK (https://www.deskct.org) for ideas
- Sunday Showers: TBD
Our committee thanks you for your continued support,